Yoga Command Cards
ready-to-cut packet contains all 95 of the yoga poses that are
introduced one at a time in the curriculum A Guide for the Montessori Classroom:
Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer. We have found that
teachers and homeschool parents would rather cut and laminate the
cards themselves at a substantially lower cost than our laminated
The cards are simply worded
for use like Montessori Oral Command Cards or as Written Command
Cards for beginning readers. The cards use words to tell step by
step how to do each pose. It is for this reason there are
no pictures or illustrations on the cards. No previous yoga
experience is required.
Instructions for cutting and laminating the cards and information and
beginning yoga in the classroom or home are included.
Similarities of Yoga and Montessori
1) Both have a calming and centering affect on the child.
2) Both begin simply and then gradually increase in difficulty.
3) Both provide movement. (Maria Montessori built movement into
and eliminated sitting at desks.)
4) Both yoga and Montessori build peace from the inside out.
5) Both yoga and Montessori focus inward and increase awareness.
6) Both yoga and Montessori are non-competitive.
7) Like Montessori work, the emphasis for Yoga With Children
is on the
process, not the end product. Enjoy the poses without
concern about doing
the perfect pose.
8) Like with other work, we want the child to be successful in
order to build
self esteem, so the poses are modified and sequenced
to give the child the
tools to do them successfully.
9) There are three parts of a pose: going into a pose, being
in the pose, and
coming out of a pose with control. These correlate
with carrying a piece of
work from the shelf, using the work,
and thoughtfully placing a work back
on the shelf.
Some Benefits of Yoga With Children
1) Provides movement, stretches, and builds the muscles
2) Stimulates the internal organs to function properly
3) Helps the child calm and center himself in his body
4) Helps the child calm and center his mind
5) Increases the ability to focus and concentrate
6) Increases attention span
7) Increases awareness of the body
8) Reconnects the child to his body
9) Promotes a sense of well-being
10) Increases confidence and self-esteem
11) Builds peace from the inside
12) Helps the child cope with stress
13) Relax and sleep better
14) Improves digestion
15) Helps normalize weight
Available in blue
Ready-to-cut Yoga With Children Cards $15
To order using our
secure shopping cart click
How To Order